Secretariat. Terms for inviting “communist, workers’ and national democratic” party officials to the USSR in 1971: organization of their accommodation, healthcare and other related expenditure. [R 28 July 1971 – St 123-30]
[page one of two]
Workers of all lands, unite!
COMMUNIST PARTY OF THE SOVIET UNION, CENTRAL COMMITTEE
[Printed in the left margin]
Return to the CPSU Central Committee (Sector II of the General Department) within 15 days from receipt. Resolution of the Secretariat of the CPSU Central Committee, 28 March 1967, St 22/ item [illegible]
Excerpt from minute 123 § 30gs of the Secretariat of the Central Committee
On the invitation of foreign party officials to the USSR in 1971, organisation of their reception and servicing, and related expenditures
1. To approve the draft letters of CPSU Central Committee to Central Committees of communist, workers’ and national democratic parties, as well as the texts of the cables to Soviet ambassadors on invitation to the USSR of top foreign officials for recreation and medical treatment (Annex No. 1).
2. To approve the 1971 budget of expenditure for reception and servicing of 2,900 representatives of fraternal parties to visit the USSR at the invitation of the CPSU Central Committee, in the amount of 3.2 million roubles.
3. To charge the USSR Ministry of Finance with the task of allocating foreign currency in the amount of 650,000 roubles for the Administrative Department of the CPSU Central Committee.
4. Reception and servicing of the representatives of fraternal parties shall be the duty of the Department of CPSU Central Committee, the International and Administrative Departments of the CPSU Central Committee.
Everyday services shall be provided: for general secretaries and first secretaries of central committees of parties, heads of states and governments of socialist countries, general secretaries of the Italian and French communist parties, by the KGB at the USSR Council of Ministers, and for State figures and employees of state institutions and economic bodies of socialist countries, by the Administrative Department at the USSR Council of Ministers.
5. To charge the Administrative Department of the CPSU Central Committee, the Administrative Department of the USSR Council of Ministers and the Fourth General Directorate of the USSR Ministry of Public Health with the task of making reservations for the required number of rooms at spa resorts and rest-houses for accommodation of foreign top party officials, statesmen and public figures (Annex No. 3).
6. To charge the Fourth General Directorate of the USSR Ministry of Public Health with the task of taking up to 100 foreign visitors for treatment in 1971; the requests received from parties shall be reviewed by the Department of CPSU Central Committee and the International Department of the CPSU Central Committee.
7. To charge ministries, institutions and non-governmental organisations with the task of appointing, at the demand of departments of the CPSU Central Committee, professionals competent in foreign languages for servicing the foreign visitors (Annex No. 4).
SECRETARY OF THE CENTRAL COMMITTEE
Sent to: Comrades Ponomarev, Pavlov, Rusakov;
respective ministries and institutions.
to Comrade Pavlov G. S. – 28 July 1971.
to Comrade Pavlov B. [illegible, possibly “V.”] – 6 September 1971. items 1, 7 – to Comrade Gromyko
items 4, 5 – to Comrade Smirtyukov items 1, 4 – to Comrade Andropov item 3 – to Comrade Garbuzov items 5, 6 – to Comrade Chazov
item 7 – to Comrades Shelepin, Iovchuk, Mitronov, Rodionov, Patolichev, Grechko, Skachkov, Kirillin, Romanov A., Lapin, N… [illegible] Zamyatin, Lesechko, Udaltsov, Popova, Keldysh, Tyazhelnikov, Yelyunin
10 February 1971 г. – to Comrade Gromyko – 1 copy of each telegram, without return